Personal Information Banks
Each Government of Alberta department has a public directory of personal information banks (PIBs). It lists the type of personal information held by a public body:
- Title or name of the information bank
- Location of the information bank
- Type of personal information is contained in the information bank
- Categories of individuals the information pertains to
- Reason the information was collected
- How information is used or disclosed
- Legal authority for the collection of the information
A PIB does not provide direct access to an individual’s records.
Download the Directory of PIBs (PDF – 58 KB) – June 26, 2009
For more information on how to obtain personal records, contact Roger Mariner, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Coordinator for Alberta Tourism, Parks and Recreation.
Last reviewed/revised: May 12, 2014