Alberta Recreation Survey
1984 Public Opinion Survey on Recreation
The 1984 Public Opinion Survey on Recreation was the second study done to collect information on Albertans participation in recreation and leisure activities.
The information was gathered between October 1984 and January 1985. A total of 3,949 individuals completed the survey.
The results are summarized in the reports and A Look at Leisure bulletins listed below.
Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files can be viewed with Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software - a free download from Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Look at Leisure #12 A New Chapter: The 1984 Survey
- Look at Leisure #13 Participation Patterns
- Look at Leisure #14 Choosing Recreation Activities
- Look at Leisure #15 Ceasing Participation in Recreation Activities
- Look at Leisure #16 Regional Variations
- Look at Leisure #17 Leisure Patterns in 1984
- Look at Leisure #18 Recreation Patterns of Older Adults
- Look at Leisure #19 Community Type Variations in Recreation Patterns
- Look at Leisure #20 Recreation Trends
- Look at Leisure #21 Women and Leisure
- Look at Leisure #22 Youth and Leisure
- Look at Leisure #23 Arts and Culture
For More Information Contact
Recreation Services Branch
905 Standard Life Centre
10405 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 4R7
Phone: (780) 415-1164
Fax: (780) 427-5140
Dial 310-0000 anywhere in Alberta to call toll free.