Alberta Visitor Information Providers Program
Alberta has a provincial network of accredited visitor information centres (VICs). Collectively, this network aims to provide excellence in trip planning and information
to visitors to communities across Alberta.
The Alberta Visitor Information Providers (AVIP) program supports accredited VICs with up-to-date resources, training and best practices.
For information on how to become an accredited VIC, download the AVIP Accreditation Information Package (PDF – 637 KB) or contact Spring Training.
The AVIP program provides:
- Recognition as an accredited VIC.
- Access to highway and directional signage for the VICs.
- AVIP managers and supervisors with network and learning opportunities at the annual Alberta Visitor Information Providers Conference in the fall.
- Tourism product knowledge and customer services training to VIC travel counselors at the two-day Spring Training & Showcase held in the spring.
- On-site regional training to VIC travel counselors and other front-line tourism employees.
- Free of charge Bulk Order Distribution Services of provincial publications.
- Opportunities to purchase retail items, such as maps, pins and post cards, at a discount for resale.
Accredited VICs can order retail items or the following provincial publications by emailing Bulk Order Distribution Services:
- Official Alberta Travel Planner
- Alberta Campground and Accommodation Guides
- Other provincial publications
For information on brochure distribution, download the
Travel Publication Distribution Policy (PDF – 586 KB).
For more information on AVIP programs and services, contact AVIP.
Last reviewed/revised: May 27, 2014