Visitor Friendly Alberta Planning Guide
Use the Visitor Friendly Alberta: A guide to welcoming tourists to your community to create positive impressions and experiences for visitors to your community. It provides seven steps to help your community assess and improve in five categories that contribute to ensuring communities are successful, sustainable tourist destinations:
- Overall ambiance / visual appeal
- Wayfinding and signage
- Quality of service and professionalism
- Public services and visitor amenities
- Visitor information
The interactive guide is a toolkit, with agendas, activities, guidelines and worksheets to help complete the process that will help your working group:
- Understand and assess your community's current tourism situation
- Create a guiding 'visitor friendly' vision
- Create an action plan to address areas needing improvement
Guide by Section
Editable Forms and Worksheets
- Worksheet 1.1: What Does it Mean to be Visitor Friendly?
- Worksheet 1.2: Why Be More Visitor Friendly?
- Worksheet 1.3: Simplified Market Assessment
- Summary Form 1.A: Why Be More Visitor Friendly?
- Summary Form 1.B: Simplified Market Assessment
- Summary Form 1.C: Visioning Key Points
- Summary Form 1.D: Vision Statement
- Worksheet 2.1: Big Picture Observations
- Visitor Friendly Community Assessment
- Summary Form 3.A: Top Areas of Visitor Friendly Strengths and Areas for Improvement
- Action Planning Template (Note: the blank template is general and not specific to any one category. Save and fill in as many blank templates as needed to complete your action plan)
For more information, please contact the Destination Competitiveness Branch at (780) 427-6544 (toll free in Alberta, dial
310-0000, then the number) or firstname.lastname@example.org.